This code of business ethics
has been passed down from generation to generation
of Toyota workers, and stresses the importance of being a responsible citizen and stakeholder in the company.
- Abiding by all laws, regulations, and standards.
- Respect and protect human rights.
- Emphasize safety and good health in the workplace to reduce accidents and protect the environment.
- Never accept or offer favors in hopes of receiving an unethical reward.
- Never create a conflict of interests between the company and your personal interests.
- Practice fair purchasing and employment practices with transparent competition for positions.
- Take good care of company property, in the best interests of the company's business.
- Keep an open line of communication with society, providing truthful honest information, and listen to the ideas and opinions of stakeholders.
- Reinforce the company's positive relations with the public sector in a suitable, transparent, and non-corrupt manner.
- Contribute to communities and other public organizations for the development of beneficial public environmental and safety activities.
- Conduct international business with respect for laws, culture and rules of the partner country.
The Toyota Employee Oath
I agree to uphold
the values of Toyota
and will not act in violation
of these values.
I agree to be vigilant in protecting
the interests of the company and will report
any violations of the Toyota Code of Conduct that I encounter.